Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January - Indonesian Dancer

I bought a small batik panel 3-4 years ago at Puyallup Fair. I decided to incorporate it in my first monthly quilt art.

The finished quilt art size will be bigger than 5 x 7.

The panel is the centered piece. I created wavy lines around the panel representing hair floating in the air as the dancer moves. 2 other dancers surround him, they are represented by pairs of eyes.

I added some music notes to represent the music on which the dancer is dancing.









2 comments:

  1. Lise, I think it's turned out fantastic. The two sets of eyes was a good choice and I like the little tassels/yarn hanging down. it looks like you also did some couching of the yarn? Congratulations. Can we post a photo in the 5 x 7 Flickr gallery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you can and thank you for your comments

    ReplyDelete